September 1

Independent Learning Means to Me:

Currently we are discovering the different parts of independent learning and what it means for different people. For me independent learning means learning on my own and develop my own ideas by collecting information to connect them to one whole theme. It means to force yourself to manage to finish your work in time. A lot of the student’s independent learning means procrastination because they make excuses to finish the work later. Therefore, independent learning has to be practiced and be developed step by step.
In my old school in Germany independent learning was very rare because we mostly did work sheets and very few posters or projects. This radical changed when I came to china. I had to take control of my own learning immediately without any practice or support. It was really hard for me to change the type of learning so I was frustrated a lot of times. However I did not have a choice so I developed the way of learning. I slowly I could take control of my learning which means I could hand in my work by deadlines and study for test without any help from my parents.

Additionally, we are learning how to create good research questions about culture. Because I was interested in the different learning strategies in different countries my questions is about questions is going to be about the independent learning in the countries. As I already mentioned above the techniques in Germany were different than here with the American school system. Therefore this also partly influenced my question.However I am still developing my idea.

Posted September 1, 2015 by maxleman in category Uncategorized